LEADTOOLS Document Imaging delivers multi-threaded OCR, ICR, OMR, MICR, forms recognition and processing, image annotation, bitonal image display and document image clean-up (inverted text, border, hole-punch and line removal). Other features include performance and memory optimizations for bitonal images, MRC Compression, 1D and 2D barcodes, PDF support, media and document writers, scanning and distributed application development.
The following editions are available:
- LEADTOOLS Document Imaging SDK
- LEADTOOLS Document Imaging Suite SDK
- LEADTOOLS Recognition SDK
- LEADTOOLS ICR Module
- LEADTOOLS OCR Module
- LEADTOOLS Document HTML5 Module
Updates in V18
- Extend LEADTOOLS Imaging SDKs to every major development platform including WinRT, iOS, OS X, Android and Linux.
- All core LEADTOOLS imaging technology is natively supported in each of these platforms, including viewing, annotation and markup, OCR, OMR, forms processing, 1D and 2D barcode, PDF, DICOM and support for 150+ file formats and 200+ image processing functions.
- Improved overall speed and recognition accuracy of OCR engine.
- Automatically detect, segment and recognize multiple languages on the same document.
- Specialized image enhancements for mobile images.
- Enhanced font support including underlined text and font size detection and recognition.
- Improved image cleanup and preprocessing of dithered and noisy images.
- Increased table cell accuracy.
- Font detection and recognition enhancements.
- Full support for reading, displaying, editing and writing native PDF Annotations and drawing markup.
- Added comments, highlights, text, arrows, lines, reviews and shapes.
- Convert PDF annotations to and from LEADTOOLS annotations for live editing support.
- Options to control annotation rendering when loading PDF as raster.
- Universal design that works across all development platforms and interfaces.
- New rich text object.
- Enhanced printing support.
- Auto-preprocessing function detects barcode type and applies different preprocessing algorithms for optimal results.
About LEAD Technologies
LEAD Technologies is a privately held company founded in 1990 by Moe Daher and Rich Little. Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, LEAD was established to commercialize Mr. Daher's inventions in the field of digital imaging and compression technology. With a rich history of over twenty years, LEAD has established itself as the world's leading provider of digital imaging software development toolkits.